Friday, March 28, 2003

[Just one of the sounds of]one heart breaking

Last night, my heart broke.

It was because I heard a story - one so unbelievable, but unfortunately true.

As my friend sobbed, I could feel the pain, too - and it hurt. Fucking hurt.

Apparently, her boyfriend of eight years has been abusing her - verbally - for some time now. Last night, for example, she received a text message: "Where are you? Are you out having sex with your boys again?"

He does that every time she goes out - regardless of the nature of the activity. Be it dinner with friends, choir practice, an office event.

I asked her what could be the reason why he does that - perhaps there might have been some thing in the past that had happened. Implying of course that perhaps there was a valid reason for him to get jealous that way. And she says none.

He's the one who has that history, that past, she says. And now it appears like it was I who did all those things, she laments.

And she sobs. And sobs.

It breaks my heart.

Moreso for her.


No comments: