Happy and gay
Who said that men weren't nice? And kind, and gentle, and proper...and opened doors for you...and held your elbow when you crossed the street? And told you that you have more blush on your right cheek than your left...and watched a musical with you, and knew the words and what it was all about (and sang "I'm so pretty" with you)? And remembered that you didn't like vegetables and thought about putting them aside? And laughed with you hard even if your poise gets a little distorted because your mouth is wide open in genuine laughter and your arms are flailing up in the air for more drama?
Last Friday I went out with two male friends. Actually, one male friend and his date. Upon my enthusiasm (and insistence), I went out with them to watch a mini-Broadway production of Monique Wilson. Admittedly at first I thought I'd be the odd man out - I was wrong.
It didn't take a long time warming up to my friend's date. I think it started when we both asked the same question at once ("Are Kuh and Monique still together?"). Ah, yes. Showbiz is happy and gay, too. It didn't stop there.
No matter how shamelessly (o-kay, mildly then) they flirted with each other, I had a hell of a time with them. Just watching them like that, au naturel, made my night. They were two very true people.
Thank God for gay men.
"...Is there a sign painted on our faces that says 'sex, sex, sex'? If there's anything at all that's written on our faces, it's probably solitude." - Ronald Baytan (from Bongga Ka, Day!)
No comments:
Post a Comment