Monday, November 22, 2004

Where have you all gone?

Why is it, that when you get married, all (well, almost) your single friends seem difficult to find? There was even one friend of mine, a month right after the wedding - after forever texting her, finally told me she hadn't texted me back because I was "married". What the--? She thought she was in the way of my married life, or something like that.

And then, I give birth...and all of them disappear! Exaggerating, I know. But it seems like! Someone told me she didn't want to "disturb" my maternal duties. Telephone calls in a rush. Text messages cut to just one exchange. John, who seemed like he wouldn't give up on me, started to (didn't call me for that Bond concert...in fairness, was apologetic when I told him I wanted to go and would even give up his seat for my lone one).

Please. Where did you all get the stupid idea that because I have a family now, I can't be talked to!? I know I have to schedule my appointments (unlike my past impromptu trips), but I will go.

I know I am a wife and a mother now. But I am, still, the Mica that you know.




No comments: