Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Side effects

After reading some facts about cancer, I was enlightened. I found out that my mom can fight it. So many people have conquered it, why not Mama?

Mama has been taking the pills for a week now. And now I can see what it does to her.She's cranky and moody. Every day she finds reason to get mad about something. She does not like visitors, does not like mingling. The staff at her school wanted to visit her, but she won't let them.

I told her sisters about it. One said she'd take her in her house for a while for a change of scenery. Another said I should bring her to the church every day.

I'm praying she'll find strength in fighting this disease. That's all I ask. Five years is long, and it takes a lot to swallow a pill every day even if it's not making you feel any good.



No comments: