28th
When Neil asked me what I wanted for my birthday this year, there was only one answer: a trip to Baguio. He asked me again, and I said Baguio. He asked me if I wanted shopping spree, I said Baguio. The release of the iPhone was announced last week, and he asked me if I wanted that, and I said Baguio.
The wanderlust in me is stirring again.
And so it was decided, Baguio it was. :) We planned to leave Manila January 14 and return January 17. Ginny kindly offered her family's time-sharing privileges in The Manor at Camp John Hay. John and Ryan also decided to go.
Since we were to leave January 14, I spent my birthday here in the city. Lia and I went to the grocery in the morning, to shop for stuff we'd need for our Baguio trip. Then we slept the whole afternoon (duh, what a way to spend my birthday hahaha). In the evening, Neil and I went to Greenbelt to hear mass, then have dinner.
Before I fell asleep that night, I realized I was getting older: no more birthday surprises, no more hard-core partying. Just a simple, uneventful day--which, surprisingly, was a happy one.
No comments:
Post a Comment