The halter top, the full skirt, the rich color. The right price. And most importantly, the right fit.
I liked it the moment I saw it. When I tried it on, I was surprised at how it fit me so well. It was magical--my bulging tyan at puson were lost in the fabric. As in they were gone. As if I never gave birth at all.
So, I bought the dress. I was happy with my purchase. It was perfect, and it was cheap.
I went home, happy that I finally had a dress to wear to my sister-in-law's wedding on the 28th. The invitation said "formal", plus I had called my SIL before purchasing the dress, confirming if the affair was indeed formal, and would she mind if I wore a dress with a full skirt. She said it was okay since I was family. (I'm not part of the entourage, by the way. And the motif is moss green so my dress obviously does not belong in the entourage.)
But, when Neil saw my dress, he said it was too formal. That's the first time Neil ever gave a comment on my outfits. And because it was, it bothered me.
So, I sent out a survey to my friends. To wear or not to wear? Seven of them said I should go ahead and wear it, and seven said I should not (some of them said I should have it altered). So, that's 7-7.
I'm going nuts over this dress. I still don't know what to do with it. But just 30 minutes ago, I had the pink sash/belt removed, to make the dress simpler. Maybe when the pink sash is gone, I can decide.
What do you think, dear reader?

1 comment:
you should wear it. the invitation did say it's formal so wearing the dress isn't a bad idea.
besides, if you know you look fab in it, then go. your body, your choice right?
;)
Post a Comment