Blast from the past
In last week's two-part season 5 premiere, Grey's Anatomy had me sifting through my brain, trying to remember where I saw that guest star (who showed brilliant acting, by the way). All throughout the show, whenever she appeared, something clicked in my brain.
This morning, I had a discussion with my coworker about the episodes. He mentioned how spectacular the guest stars were, and then, he said he even googled their names. I got interested, I asked him to google it again. There it was: Bernadette Peters! And it all came back to me.
Bernadette Peters was in the 1982 movie Annie. She was Miss Hannigan's brother's girlfriend/lover, who sang and danced "Easy Street". As a child, I remember hating her character, because she stole Miss Hannigan's pearls (however "bad" Miss Hannigan was, it was still stealing). As a mom, while Lia watched the movie over and over again (with me), I learned to love her character. I think it was that blank expression she had, while singing, that made me feel there's something more to her. Hahaha!
I also have mp3s of Bernadette Peters in Broadway's Song and Dance. Yes, it's all coming back to me now! :D
Anyway. Just wanted to share. If you're a Grey's fan, watch the episode now (if you haven't watched it yet)! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment