She's leaving home...
Sigh. Tomorrow, my best friend Tiffany's leaving. She's joining the ship for the South America/Carribean cruise. She'll be gone for another ten months.
I SMS'd best friend Ruth earlier and mused about the two of us being left again. And then she's (Ruth) next to leave (because she's pursuing her OT career in the US), and then it's just me.
Darn. Why do people have to come, and then go? My oldest best friend (meaning, we've been BFs since second grade) has already left for the US four years ago. Sure, there are phone calls and occasional emails (hey, not my fault, Hazel's too lazy even to read email, let alone reply), but it's not the same. Heck, she missed my wedding. And even Lia's birth. I have to understand why she can't come home, and I'm just comforted by the thought that she's there in spirit.
Ooooh well. I guess sometimes life has to work that way. And I have to be thankful that life worked for us four to still be part of each other's lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment