A most unusual (but great, nevertheless) beach trip
That was a very pleasant beach trip we had during the weekend.
As usual, it was John and me again, and everyone had their excuses. Hmp.
We left Manila at around 430 in the morning. First surprise: we arrived at the Batangas City pier a little before 630 - which let us board the 630 outrigger boat to White Beach. At 8am we found our perfect nipa hut (airconditioned, mind you), and at 9 we had finished our breakfast. First activity for the day?
Sleep, of course! Until around 1pm. When we were finally fully awake, we changed into our beach attires and headed for the shore. While I was lying down sunning myself, John was out in the water, wading nearby. Soon he was talking to this guy (who looked like he was trying to pick up John). I later found out that the guy's name was Raymond (as he was introduced to me).
Later that night, we saw Raymond again, hanging out with a couple-friend of his. He offered his seat to us. At first we declined, but he was too nice and insisted that we have a seat, so we did. I could tell he was curious about John and me (well, more about John ;p). I found out that he was a freelance scriptwriter.
Soon Raymond retired (I don't know where), and we were left watching the rest of the beautiful gay people around the bar. We got a little bored, so we decided to hang out in our hut for a while, and then go out again later (when hopefully there will be more beautiful people). But no! As soon as we hit the bed, we fell asleep. Fast.
Woke up early the next morning (another surprise), had breakfast (and I saw a classmate from college), and - went back to sleep. Woke up at noon, hung out the beach (I had a massage), John collected stones, Raymond came over for a little chat again, and then lunch.
As we were lining up for the boat ride back to Batangas, Raymond came running. Hitch with my couple-friends, he said. Uh, okay, we reply (a little cold and uncomfortable). Hmm, I told John. Your charms REALLY work.
We ended up hitching with Raymond's friends. They were a nice couple. It was from them that we found out that Raymond was an award-winning scriptwriter (Tanging Yaman, Anak). He was Raymond Lee.
As the weekend ended, John and I kept on thinking, how come nothing went wrong during this trip?
I can only mutter a word of thanks. It was a pretty darn good beach trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment